|YOUNG SCIENTIST RESEARCH PROGRAMME (YSRP-2020)
Invitation to pursue Young Scientist Research Program during 11 May - 3 July 2020 at Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore is a premier unit of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, engaged in R & D activities in front line research areas of Accelerator science, Laser science, related technologies and applications.
The research activities of the Centre include:
- The Centre has indigenously designed, developed, and commissioned two synchrotron radiation sources (SRS) Indus-1 and Indus-2, serving as national facility in which several beam lines have been installed and made operational. The XUV/x-ray beams from these SRS are being extensively used for various scientific studies by researchers across the country.
The Centre is pursuing several other key accelerator activities viz., development of high energy proton accelerator for a Spallation Neutron Source, electron accelerators for food irradiation and industrial applications, free electron lasers (FEL) in terahertz (THz) and infrared (IR) spectral region, superconducting and magnetic materials required for accelerators, development of advanced technologies such as superconducting radio frequency (SCRF) cavities and cryomodule, high power radiofrequency and microwave (RF and Microwave) systems, cryogenics, magnets, precision power supplies, ultrahigh vacuum systems, precision fabrication and control instrumentation.
The centre is involved in the R&D of various lasers, like - fibre lasers, copper-vapour laser, dye lasers, semi-conductor laser, Nd:YAG lasers, high-power CO2 lasers, high-energy Nd:Glass lasers, diode lasers etc.
The centre is using lasers for various scientific studies (e.g., ultra-fast studies, nonlinear optics, laser cooling of atoms, laser-plasma interaction, laser materials (ceramics and single crystal)), engineering (e.g., laser cutting, welding, cladding and additive manufacturing) and biomedical (e.g., imaging, cancer diagnosis, manipulation of microscopic objects and photodynamic treatment) applications.
- Theoretical research on nonlinear and quantum optics, nonlinear dynamics in accelerators, free-electron lasers, materials science, studies on light propagation in turbid media and its applications in biomedicine.
- Scientific Computing & programming, Software Development, Computer Network Infrastructure to support various R & D programs.
In order to expose young students to these frontiers in science and technology, the Centre runs a Young Scientist Research Program during the summer each year. This year the program will be held during 11 May to 3 July 2020.
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
Students who are presently in the first year of M.Sc. (Physics), or in the fourth year of integrated M.Sc. (Physics) or in the third year of B.E./B.Tech. (Engineering Physics/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Metallurgy/ Computer Science/ Information Technology) are eligible to apply.
Selected candidates will be paid round-trip train fare by II class (sleeper) and a consolidated stipend of Rupees 5000/- on successful completion of YSRP programme. In addition, free accommodation will be provided at the RRCAT Guest House. Those selected for the programme will work on a project during their 8 weeks stay at the Centre from 11 May to 3 July 2020. At the end of the research programme, the participating students are required to give a presentation on their project/ research work and submit a project report.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted online through the link (link will be opened from 16-Mar-2020). Once you have successfully submitted the application you will be provided with an application number. This application number should be mentioned in all correspondence with us. You may contact us though the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The procedure to apply on-line is given below:
- Fill the Application Form online. [All fields are mandatory]
- Either enter OTP (sent to your registered mobile number after completing Step-1) or
Click on the link sent to your registered email-id.
- Fill the form online.
- Upload the documents:
- Relevant mark sheets along with document specifying the conversion factor for CPI/CGPA to marks followed by your institute as a single combined file. (PDF format)
- Latest self-attested passport size photo in JPG format.
- Take print-out of the completed form and sign it.
- Click on the link sent on your registered email-id for Step-3.
- Upload the scanned copy of completed signed application form in PDF format.
Once you have successfully submitted the application you will be provided with an application number. This application number should be mentioned in all correspondence with us. You may contact us though the e-mail: email@example.com
The candidate should arrange at least one letter of recommendation highlighting academic performance, overall discipline and inclination towards the research sent from one of your faculty members of current course curriculum from his/her institutional email ID. Letter of recommendation should be sent directly by the recommending faculty to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "YSRP Application number:_______________".
|Registration will start online from
||: 16th March 2020
|Last date for applying on-line
||: 05th April 2020