||Ph.D. Programme January 2022
Invitation to pursue Ph.D. programme in specialized areas of Physical Science, Life Science and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Science at Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, was founded in 1984 by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) for pursuit of R&D in the areas of Accelerators, Lasers and related technologies. Since then, the Centre has set up two Synchrotron Radiation Sources: Indus-1 & Indus-2, which are national research facilities, and many smaller accelerators for radiation processing applications. The Centre has excellent cryogenic facilities as well as state-of-the-art equipment for low temperature physics measurements. A variety of laser systems, particularly high power lasers, have been built and are being used for a wide range of applications. These include gas lasers (like copper vapour lasers, CO2 lasers), solid state lasers (like - diode pumped solid state lasers, semiconductor lasers, high power lasers) for the studies in the areas like –bio-medical applications of lasers, laser materials processing, and laser-plasma interaction. The Centre also has long-standing program in the areas of RF-superconductivity, low-temperature physics, material science, cold atom physics, non-linear optics, opto-electronics, nano-science, micro-electro-mechanical systems, additive manufacturing, etc.
RRCAT is a Constituent Institute of the "Homi Bhabha National Institute" (HBNI), a Deemed to be University with NAAC “A+” grade. RRCAT invites students with appropriate qualifications to pursue Ph.D. program in various specialized areas of Physical Science, Life Science, and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Science as listed above. As per the rules of HBNI, the Ph.D. program consists of course work of one-year duration and research work leading to Ph.D. thesis. The Ph.D. 2022 program will commence classes on 1st January 2022. DAE Research Fellowships will be offered to those selected for the pursuit of Ph.D. The present fellowship amount is ₹ 31,000 per month for the first two years (as Junior Research Fellow) and ₹ 35,000 per month for the subsequent three years (as Senior Research Fellow), subject to satisfactory yearly progress.
- For Physical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Physics with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2021) and/or CSIR-UGC NET (June 2021 or June/December 2020: JRF, not lecturership).
- For Life Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/biochemistry/ microbiology with a minimum of 60% overall marks, and must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (June 2021 or June/ December 2020: JRF, not lecturership)/ BET-2021/ GATE (i.e., GATE-2019/ GATE-2020/ GATE-2021).
- For Engineering Sciences: Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree in Mechanical / Thermal/ Production / Mechatronics Engineering / Manufacturing/ Material Science, with First class or at least 60% marks or at least 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale and must have qualified GATE (i.e., GATE-2019/ GATE-2020/ GATE-2021). The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Materials Engineering.
Those applicants who are completing the qualifying degree in the year 2021 can also apply, provided they have minimum of 60% overall marks in the completed semesters. If selected, the final degree mark sheet should be submitted by 31st March 2022. Continuation in the Ph.D. programme will be subject to the candidate obtaining minimum 60% marks overall (converted to percentage as per the concerned university’s rules). 5 year integrated M.S. (of IISERs) will be treated at par with 5 year integrated M.Sc.
Nationality : The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
The selection of the students for the Ph.D. programme will be a two-step process:
- Screening of the applications, followed by
- An interview of the short-listed candidates
The screening will be done on the basis of applicant's score/ rank in qualifying examination, i.e,. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2021) and/or CSIR-UGC NET and/or GATE and/or BET as per the discipline as indicated above.
The short-listed candidates in Physical Sciences, Life Science and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) Sciences shall be called for online interview to be conducted tentatively during 1st November 2021 – 12th November 2021. The applicant must indicate the choice of their interview date in the application form, failing which they will have to appear for interview on one of the dates assigned by RRCAT.
How to Apply:
Registration will start online from 30th August, 2021
Last date for online submission is 30th September, 2021
For any queries kindly mail to email@example.com
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION.
RECORD OF THE NON-SELECTED CANDIDATES SHALL NOT BE PRESERVED BEYOND 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PUBLICATION OF SELECT LIST.