| The BARC Training School at RRCAT, Indore is meant for orienting the trainees recruited through Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates (OCES) to take up research and development work in the frontline areas of particle accelerators, lasers, cryogenics, superconductivity, plasma physics and related high technology fields in various units of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE). DAE has comprehensive R & D programs in these areas in its various R & D units. The training is provided in electrical, electronics & physics disciplines at RRCAT, Indore.
We have zero tolerance for ragging.
For information about Eligible Disciplines, Admissible Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements, Selection Process, Contractual Obligation etc. log on to, https://barc.gov.in/careers/barc_ts_information_brochure.pdf and http://www.hbni.ac.in/
About the Orientation Course:
At RRCAT, Indore, the first batch of Training School started in September 2000
- The training is of one year duration.
- The course is residential and trainees stay at the training school hostel of RRCAT, Indore. The hostel has a mess, computer centre with broad band facility, a library and various indoor-outdoor games.
- The course comprises of lectures, seminars and laboratory work.
- During the training programme, visits are arranged for various DAE units e.g. BARC, TIFR, VECC etc.
During the training period, the trainees are paid a monthly stipend of ₹ 55,000/- and one time book allowance of ₹18,000/- .
On successful completion of the orientation course the trainees are appointed in the grade Scientific Officer C [Level 10 of the 7th Pay Commission]. Appointment will be at the beginning of the pay scale with OCES trainees getting two or three increments depending on their performance during the OCES programme. In addition to Dearness Allowance, other Allowances are also payable such as House Rent, Transport and Professional Update Allowances, & Leave Travel Concession. A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Scheme for employees and their dependent family members is also available
- The trainees are posted at one of the following centers of DAE:
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Mumbai
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology(RRCAT) Indore
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) Kalpakkam
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC) Calcutta
- Trainees are under contractual obligation to serve the Department for a minimum period of 3 years after successful completion of the course.
While in service, there are good opportunities to pursue higher studies leading to M.Tech./Ph.D. degrees. Successful completion of course work at the Training School will entitle trainees to Post-Graduate Diploma of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed University. This could also earn them credits towards MTech/MPhil/PhD programmes of HBNI provided their performance is above a specified threshold.
Content Manager: Dr. Avijit Chowdhury
Email: avijit (at) rrcat.gov.in
Last updated: June 2021