|Materials Science Section
Semiconductor Materials Lab.
SML is involved in research and development of state of the art devices based on semiconductor heterostructures. Metal organic vapour phase epitaxy (MOVPE) growth of semiconductor materials based on group III-V and III-N materials and development of optoelectronic devices is being carried out at SML. A nitride molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) system is also expected to arrive soon. Various activities related to experimental and theoretical research in the sphere of semiconductor lasers, detectors, spin Hall devices and nanostructures are being carried out at SML. SML research areas are given below:
- GaAs based semiconductor lasers
- GaAs and GaN based photodetectors
- Spin-photonic devices
- Epitaxial growth of semiconductor heterostructures, quantum wells, wires and dots
- Epitaxial growth of single crystalline mirrors for LIGO applications
- Spectroscopic, HXRXRD and electronic transport measurements
- Magneto-optic-electronic transport measurements
- Device fabrications and testing: Laser diode Arrays, Photodetectors, Spin Hall devices etc.