|High Energy Optics Section (HEOS)
High Energy Optics Section of Laser Technology Division is primarily involved in R&D activities related to design, development and applications of High-Energy High-Power (HEHP) lasers, related technologies towards the development of specialized optical components with high laser induced damage threshold coatings, optical metrology and characterization etc. The various activities of different laboratories of the section are:
Design & development of Nd:glass based HEHP lasers working in both long pulse (ns duration) as well as short pulse (fs duration) regime, Nd doped phosphate glass development for these lasers.
- Design, development and characterization of specialized optical components to cater various needs of High energy laser systems & various other Lasers and Synchrotron Radiation Sources.
- Design, optimization and characterization of specialized optical coatings for lasers, laser applications and Synchrotron Radiation Sources.
More information about the section can be obtained from the links given below
- High Energy High power laser development
- Optical Design and Development Laboratory
- Optical Coating Laboratory
N. S. Benerji
Head, High Energy Optics Section
Phone: +91-731-248-8463 (O)
Fax: +91-731-248-8430 (O)
Email: nsb (at) rrcat.gov.in