|Ultra High Vacuum Technology Section
Design & Development of Facilities:
- Design, development/procurement, Testing, Installation & Commissioning of large coating Pilot plant for NEG/TiN, Ti coatings inside vacuum chambers of various materials such as SS, Aluminium, ceramic, Inconel etc.
- Design and fabrication of water cooled vacuum chambers for taking high heat load of SR beam.
- Design, development/procurement, Testing, Installation & Commissioning of 45 kW laboratory furnace for standardization of brazing process parameters for UHV compatible joints of advanced materials, vacuum degassing of UHV components for reducing outgassing rates etc.
- Installation and commissioning of an electron gun set up for heat energy absorption studies of photon absorbers.
- Prototype development of a 16-channel Temperature Monitoring Unit
- Prototype development of a controller for NEG module
- Undulator chamber for IRFEL
- Titanium Coating inside ceramic chambers
- Development of Water cooled chambers for taking higher heat load of synchrotron radiation.