|Laser Additive Manufacturing Laboratory
LAML - Home
The activities of LAM-LAB are built of firm foundations, with a legacy of additive manufacturing research experience dating back to the early 2000's. The spectrum of research ranges from the system development, process optimization, component manufacturing and testing.
Some of the important projects are:
- Augmentation of LAM facility to process higher volume (up to 1.5 m diameter and 2.0 m height.)
- Development of Powder fusion based laser additive manufacturing system.
- LAM of dissimilar metal transition joints: SS-Ti, SS-Nb, SS-Zircaloy, etc.
- LAM of Ti-femoral stem for potential application in hip-joint replacement surgery.
- LAM of Functionally graded structures for improved fatigue behavior.
- LAM of Compact heat-exchangers.
- LAM of Complex Honey-comb shaped orifice structure.
- LAM of high temperature resistant and high corrosion resistant surfaces.
- LAM of Nickel based alloys for potential magnetic shielding applications.
- Cobalt free hardfacing of engineering components for tribological applications.
- Laser cladding of T-700 alloy on valve components.
- Cladding of Wear resistant surfaces using Plasma transferred arc based additive manufacturing system.
- Development of Cold spray based material deposition system.
- Laser welding of similar and dissimilar metals.